Grow the conversation
YOU have the POWER to GROW the CONVERSATION and OUT MYELOMA. It’s time to get your social network talking about myeloma and it’s easier than you think!
Simply download/save the campaign images below and post them to your social media handles.
To save/download the images:
- On a computer - drag the image onto your desktop, or right click on the image and save it to your desktop.
- On a tablet or phone - tap and hold the image and click ‘save’ to your photos.
Create your post by following the 4 steps below:
1. Choose a statement:
- Every day, 9 Canadians are diagnosed with myeloma.
- There are more Canadians living with myeloma than ever before, and the number is on the rise.
- Even though myeloma is the 2nd most common form of incurable blood cancer, it still remains relatively unknown.
- Although myeloma is treatable, it still remains incurable.
- With exceptional advancements in treatments over the last 15 years and new therapies on the horizon, the average life expectancy is continuing to increase.
2. Next, fill in the blank and add that to your statement:
I have the power to_________________
- volunteer my time and help others facing similar challenges with myeloma.
- be an advocate for myeloma and speak up to help improve the lives of other Canadians impacted by it.
- make a charitable donation to Myeloma Canada that will help improve lives and move the needle forward towards finding a cure.
- increase awareness for myeloma and its symptoms to help Canadians recognize the signs and get diagnosed sooner.
- fundraise for Myeloma Canada and help play a crucial role in advancing essential research and patient programs.
3. Give your network the power too. Include a call to action:
- How about you?
- Will you help me?
- Will you join me?
- Help change the conversation and spread the word.
- Can I count on you?
4. End with hashtags just like we’ve written them:
#YouHaveThePower #MyelomaAwareness #MyelomaCanada
Here are a few examples of a post:
- Every day, 9 Canadians are diagnosed with myeloma. I have the power to be an advocate for myeloma and speak up to help improve the lives of other Canadians impacted by it. Will you help me? #YouHaveThePower #MyelomaAwareness #MyelomaCanada
- Although myeloma is treatable, it still remains incurable. I have the power to make a charitable donation to Myeloma Canada that will help improve lives and move the needle forward towards finding a cure. How about you? #YouHaveThePower #MyelomaAwareness #MyelomaCanada
Questions? Please contact Patricia Celestin, Myeloma Canada’s Development and Operations Support Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Together let’s do all we can to grow the conversation and out myeloma!