DR ANDREW R BELCH MEET GRANT FOR YOUNG MYELOMA INVESTIGATORS
The Dr Andrew R Belch Myeloma Education and Enriched Training (MEET) Grant was created to foster the development and participation of qualified young Canadian myeloma investigators at medical/scientific meetings or conferences.
MEET grants are intended to support recipients’ conference registration/participation fees, travel costs, and per diem (lodging, meals, incidental) expenses.
Dr Andrew Belch
In 2019, Myeloma Canada created the MEET Grant program in recognition of Dr Belch’s outstanding lifetime achievements – and mentoring of young researchers – in the field of multiple myeloma.
Dr Belch has been an active supporter of Myeloma Canada and served as Chair of the Myeloma Canada Scientific Advisory Board.
2022 MEET GRANTS
Myeloma Canada will make a minimum of six (6) MEET grants available, each in the amount of CDN $ 4,000 (for in-person presentation) or CDN $1,500 (for virtual presentation due to COVID-19). Based on the number and quality of applications received, a maximum of four (4) MEET grants may be awarded in Q1-Q2, 2022. The balance of available MEET grants will be awarded in Q3-Q4 2022.
To be eligible for consideration of a MEET Grant, applicants must:
- be enrolled in a hematology or myeloma residency OR fellowship program*;
- be 35 years of age or younger during the year of application;
- hold a PhD, MD, or equivalent medical degree.
*Applicants enrolled in programs outside Canada must submit a research project that is affiliated and conducted with at least one myeloma specialist practicing in Canada.
To apply, eligible applicants must:
- submit an abstract to a medical/scientific meeting or conference that is clinically directed or relevant for myeloma patients;
- be the primary author on the submitted abstract and be selected for an oral or poster presentation;
- email a completed MEET Grant Application Form to Myeloma Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org along with all requested supporting documents.
Applicants can apply for multiple MEET grants for multiple projects, however only one MEET Grant will be awarded per applicant. MEET grants cannot be deferred and are non-transferable.
If you have any questions or require additional information regarding the Dr Andrew R Belch MEET Grant program, please contact Gabriele Colasurdo, Myeloma Canada’s Director of Science and Research, at email@example.com.